Monday, April 7, 2014

Review Time! ♡ : Lime Crime's The Clueless Witch Collection "Black Velvet", "Salem" & "Wicked"

Hey lovelies! So if most of you are a big fan of Lime Crime, or have heard around on the block about Lime Crime themselves, they actually announced that they will be expanding their Velvetine collection with 3 more shades. The shades were released as a collection, more of as known "The Clueless Witch", with 3 colors in the shades deep-black, chocolate-brown, and burgundy-red. The Clueless Witch Collection was premiered on March 19th, 2014 shortly after 7:30 AM PST.




Now, if most of you don't know what their Velvetines are, I'll give you an amazing description. It's basically a revolution in a lipstick, being as it's first in liquid form. Then when applying, it turns into a dry, smudge proof, matte lipstick. Non-drying, doesn't stain, and it's totally kiss proof. It's what Lime Crime is mostly known for, and it is truly amazing. Here I will show you the new collection that Lime Crime has created, and it's really something different on the market. Completely edgy, gothic, and vampy colors, but it's totally something makeup lovers should invest in, because all the colors are completely universal. So without further adiu, I will no longer bring your eagerness into temptation, and may I present to you, Black Velvet, Salem, and Wicked!



Swatches above from Left to Right: Black Velvet, Salem, Wicked in indoor light on NC 15 skin.

Black Velvet




Photo above swatch in natural sunlight on NC 15 skin.

Photo above swatch in indoor light on NC 15 skin.


Black Velvet available for $20.00 USD at www.limecrime.com

Black Velvet is completely different. Something I have never seen before in a black lipstick. And especially here since it's a liquid lipstick. This color will have you blown away, because it doesn't disappoint you. First swipe, this color has extreme payoff. I got about 6 hours of good wear, then I ate something and it looked like I needed to touch up. But for the most part, the stain completely stayed put. A color that is supposed to be worn under great pride, and making a daring statement. My honest opinion will be that Black Velvet is truly amazing.

Dupes: Melt Cosmetics Bane is definitely a great dupe for Black Velvet. Bane is a matte finish, just like Black Velvet itself. The difference between the two will probably be that Bane is a lot more creamier than Black Velvet. Another dupe I can recommend will be Lime Crime's Opaque lipstick Styletto, but it's a satin shine finish, not matte. If I think of any more in the future, I will definitely update them here on the website and let you know.

Overall Rating: 5/5

Application: 5

Coverage: 5

Color Payoff: 5

Texture: 5

Wear Time: 5

Packaging: 5

Salem




Photo above swatch in natural sunlight on NC 15 skin.

Photo above swatch in indoor light on NC 15 skin.


Salem available for $20.00 USD at www.limecrime.com


Salem is quite interesting, mostly of the fact that when Lime Crime announced what colors were actually going to be in the collection, a lot of people were extremely upset about this color, only because of the fact that most people thought this might be an extremely disturbing color to wear, giving the fact that it is a brown lipstick. But this color is actually going to be one of my guilty pleasure, obsession shades! I really don't think this color is that bad, it reminds me of a milk-chocolate shake smothered onto my lips, and suits the dark features on my face very well. It is suitable for all skin tones, with any type of undertone you have underneath, which makes it completely universal. I can see why Lime Crime chose this color over something else, because this color is a good representation of it being edgy and gothic. And that's what this collection is all about.

Dupes: Salem is very different, very individual of it's own taste. I can't come up with any dupes off the top of my head, so Salem is one to definitely try out. If I come up with any dupes in the future, I will update them here on the website and let you know.

Overall Rating: 5/5

Application: 5

Coverage: 5

Color Payoff: 5

Texture: 5

Wear Time: 5

Packaging: 5

Wicked





Photo above swatch in natural sunlight on NC 15 skin.

Photo above swatch in indoor light on NC 15 skin.

  
Wicked available for $20.00 USD at www.limecrime.com

Wicked is a shade I truly adore. If you don't have a taste for Black Velvet or Salem because it might be too much for you, then I recommend you try this one out. It's at that mid range when wearing it for making to be a dramatic statement, but still showing that side of sophistication. Applying it with one coat will make it look like a stain, but two coats on the lips will definitely vamp it up for you. This color by far, out of the three in the collection, even out of the whole Velvetine collection as well is my favorite. A color that is as the name says, is truly "Wicked".

Dupes: Lime Crimes own Opaque lipstick, Glamour 101 is quite similar, but it's with a glossy finish and it has more of a darker blue undertone. Melt Cosmetics 6six6 is similar too, but it has more of a brown undertone. I recommend you stock up on Wicked, because it is unique as it's own kind of a dark red matte lipstick. If I think of anymore dupes, I will update them here on my blog!

Overall Rating: 5/5

Application: 5

Coverage: 5

Color Payoff: 5

Texture: 5

Wear Time: 5

Packaging: 5

Conclusion: The Clueless Witch Collection is definitely something to look into, if your a lover for dark lips, want something of different change of pace, or your just a huge lover of Lime Crime's Velvetines! I think the collection is definitely something to invest in, because all of these colors are near nothing of disappointment, and you have an interesting choice of selection. The finishing of these liquid lipsticks are just to die for, and if your a sucker for matte finished lips, I highly recommend you try these out. I'm more than happy with The Clueless Witch Collection, and if you do try these Velvetines, make sure you wear them with great pride and have fun when you wear these!

If you want to shop for The Clueless Witch Collection on Lime Crime's website, click here!

Thank you so much for reading!
Love you, xx

No comments:

Post a Comment