Friday, May 30, 2014

Review Time! ♡ : Melt Cosmetics Lipstick in "DGAF"

Hey lovelies! So today, I thought I'd go back on a reference to an earlier blog post that I wrote when this blog debuted, and thought why not review more products from a company that I just truly adore. Back in February, I reviewed Melt Cosmetics new release of lipsticks "Blow" and "Bane", and after that I instantly got obsessed with the rest of the shades they made. This shade I'm going to review today will not capture a lot of people in the faint of heart, and is definitely not something most people might wear on a daily basis. But if your that someone who does not care about other peoples opinion, who loves making a statement, and wears anything under great pride and joy, then I introduce you to the blue lip shade as can ever be, Melt Cosmetics lipstick in "DGAF"!






*NOTE* Photos above are not mine. All rights go to Danielle DeBruno (Photographer), Lora Arellano (Owner), and Dana Bomar (Owner)

DGAF was released on October 4th, 2013 on Melt Cosmetics website, along with a few other shades to the collection as well. The shade is truly self explanatory, with the color and the name combined. On Melt's website, their description for this shade is simply put "Self Explanatory. This is how you feel when you wear her.", so it's no surprise that Melt made this lipstick for self expression purposes. This shade is definitely daring, setting a statement, and something you wear when you "Don't Give a F**k".

Photo above taken from my Instagram page.








When first receiving this lipstick, your going to be suckered by the cute, sleek packaging it comes in. A smooth, round black bullet surface with their purple imprinted logo written in the middle of the tube. The box it comes with has pink lips, melted along the side (no doubt it's referenced to Dana Bomar's lips, she's one of the bosses at Melt Cosmetics) and with black and gray horizontal lines running down all along the box, and their purple "Melt" logo printed on the left side on the top of the box. Oh and just to let you know, while I was taking these pictures, I can smell the lipstick from a foot away from me, so this lipstick has a yummy vanilla cake scent to it, which is a bonus. A little definitely goes a long way, and Melt just always wins my heart every time.

Photo above swatch in natural sunlight on NC 15 skin.

Photo above swatch in indoor light on NC 15 skin.

DGAF available for $19.00 USD at www.meltcosmetics.com

DGAF by far is one of my rarest, but coolest lipstick I have ever owned. When applying it, it just feels so smooth when it glides onto your lips. This lipstick finish is matte, and it's not drying at all to say the least. Melt Cosmetics is sworn to their secrecy on making all their matte shades super moisturizing, so take it from me that this formula won't disappoint you. The scent in this lipstick is vanilla, so I recommend you stay away from this if your not a huge fan of vanilla. But honestly, I think the vanilla smell makes me feel more comfortable, rather than having a lip product that just smells like nothing but plastic. The shade itself is a true royal blue to it's color, in a weird way it almost reminds me of a pacific rim, reminiscent to a dark ocean. I've got about 6 1/2 - 7 hours of wear with DGAF, so your all set to the night away before having just a small touch up. Most of you (if not all) are probably wondering "how in the world am I ever going to cross a day where I might have to fish out a blue lipstick in my back pocket" and I will agree that even myself might not even reach for this lipstick quite often. But this color is perfect for high fashion modeling, Halloween and other costume related events, and also perfect to keep if you want to mix in colors to make your own lipstick shade. DGAF is still a cute shade to have in your collection.

Dupes: There is absolutely no dupes I can think of at the moment. Who in the living name of this world has seen blue lipstick!? But as far as I can remember, I do recall Lime Crime releasing a carousel gloss back in 2011 called "Loop-De-Loop" but it was a seasonal shade, limited edition and no dates in the future for re-releasing it. DGAF is definitely rare, and one you should consider to stock up in your collection.

Overall Rating: 5/5

Application: 5

Coverage: 5

Color Payoff: 5

Texture: 5

Wear Time: 5

Packaging: 5

Conclusion: DGAF is a shade to try out, if you really just want a different change of pace to your lip collection. It's a product only to try out if your trend setting, spontaneous, and extremely daring. I'm more than happy with DGAF and will say that I am keeping this in my collection to mix up any red lipsticks that need just a little more of blue in it's undertone. This shade will definitely not disappoint you, if you know to wear this lipstick under great pride. I recommend DGAF to everyone, and make sure you have fun with this lipstick if you do purchase it!

If you want to shop for DGAF, or the rest of Melt Cosmetics collection on their website, click here!

Thank you so much for reading!
Love you, xx

1 comment:

  1. Melt cosmetics

    Melt Cosmetics is a makeup brand that produces quality makeup products and the brand is all about creativity. Collections of makeup products to die for


    to get more - https://blog.avanearbysalon.com/melt-cosmetics/

    ReplyDelete