Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Review Time! ♡ : MAC Cosmetics Maleficent Collection Lipstick in "True Love's Kiss"

Hi lovelies! So back around November of 2013, MAC Cosmetics announced that they would do another Disney collaboration with one of their most popular iconic villain's, Maleficent. The release of the collection was also released around the same time as the premiere of the movie, and I can't honestly tell you how much I have enjoyed it. If you haven't seen it, I recommend going to see it when you can, because the movie just has the most beautiful written story line. This collection was actually inspired by the makeup artists who created all of Angelina Jolie's looks in the movie, and they actually use most of these products on her, if not all of them! Most of these pieces in the collection are actually permanent, so if any of you missed out on the release, you can still get them in your local MAC retailers, if not online. MACxMaleficent was premiered on May 8th, 2014 around 6:00 AM PST, and in stores May 15th, 2014, and the collection comes with 14 pieces.




This collection is extremely exquisite and luxurious, but it's also very vampy. It's definitely something to consider looking into if you are a big fan of Disney, or even Maleficent herself. I highly recommend this collection if your looking into creating a look that's seductive, simple yet dramatic, and very effortless. I'm going to be reviewing the lipstick to the collection "True Love's Kiss", which has an Amplified finish, and it's one of the pieces from the collection that is limited edition.

Photo above taken from my Instagram page.








This lipstick is just as gorgeous in person as it is in pictures. When looking at the lipstick bullet in it's packaging, it's very sleek and clean feeling. The bottom of the lipstick has the movie logo "Maleficent" written around the the tube, with a slight faint image of her wings behind it, Disney's logo printed up top, and MAC's logo printed underneath. Opening the lipstick, you can smell a yummy cake vanilla scent instantly and you can already almost fall in love at first sight with this gorgeous dark cherry shade.

Photo above swatch in natural sunlight on NC 15 skin.

Photo above swatch in indoor light on NC 15 skin.


True Love's Kiss available for $17.50 USD at www.maccosmetics.com or a MAC retailer near you.

This is one of the most gorgeous red's I have ever found in my life. The color itself is very indulging, similar to a yummy cherry. Wearing this, I almost felt like I was gracing everyone around, feeling like Maleficent herself saying "Well, well...". The shade when wearing feels very seducing, sexy, but also very sophisticated. On MAC's website, the shade is described as a "Clean Bright Red", and I can definitely say that the description is point on. I think since this lipstick is more blue-based, it can be use universally, with anyone having pale skin, or someone with color. The finish of this lipstick is Amplified, meaning that they have a soft and light creamy coverage, with a glossy finish and high pigmentation, but the lasting power tends to fade just a slight quicker than other average lipsticks. Surprisingly though, I actually got wonderful lasting power with True Love's Kiss than other normal Amplified lipsticks, and no lip liner applied with it! Applying it first, you have to put on a couple coats just to even out the pay-off. But after around 3 coats, I was good to go with this baby! It lasted at around 5 1/2 to 6 hours, before I actually noticed that you have to re-apply it. But I think that's wonderful lasting power, since half of the Amplified lipsticks I've worn by MAC didn't even last me for more that 4 hours. Optionally, I would recommend a lip liner to this though, just to play it safe if you want to go out with this for more than a few hours.

Dupes: I can't think of the top of my head any Amplified lipsticks by MAC that's almost exactly like this one. This is one of the best lipsticks by MAC I've ever seen, especially since it's lasting power! If I think of any, I will definitely update and let you know.

Overall Rating: 4.9/5

Application: 4.5

Coverage: 5

Color Payoff: 5

Texture: 5

Wear Time: 4.8

Packaging: 5

Photo above is me wearing True Love's Kiss in natural sunlight, with Ardell Natural lashes in #117.

Conclusion: I absolutely adore True Love's Kiss. This has got to be my most reached favorite red shade at the moment. I hope MAC decides to create a new shade that's similar to this, because the color is just beautiful and the finish it quite wonderful too! I'm far beyond happy with this color, and I'm very disappointed that it's sold out now on MAC's website. If you have a MAC retailer near you, I recommend you stop by and ask if they have any leftover from the launching date (which was May 15th), because this red is a must-have for your collection. Right now, they only have their Pro Longwear Lipglass from the collection "Anthurium" available on their website, which works just as well alone, or even with the lipstick if you have it. But if they don't have it, then check around other retailers and distributors who carry MAC, such as Nordstrom, Dillard's, or Macy's to see if they still have it in stock. I hope you find this lipstick shade, and I wish you lots of love and luck to find True Love's Kiss! I will be reviewing MacxMaleficent Pro Longwear Lipglass in "Anthurium" very shortly!

If you want to shop for the rest of the MacxMaleficent Collection on MAC's website, click here!

Thank you so much for reading!
Love you, xx

No comments:

Post a Comment